Thursday, June 30, 2011

100 Days Strong: Day 38, last day of summer camp

Day 38, Saturday, June 25th.

We got up early this morning and started taking packing up our campsite. Today we leave to go home.

We headed down to the dining hall for breakfast around 7:00 am. Breakfast this morning was cereal, cinnamon roll, English muffin, fruit, orange juice, and milk.

After breakfast was over we all headed back to the campsite and finished packing everything up. We got our trailer loaded, and was ready to go by around 9:30 am.

After the camp staff checked us out and I got all our paperwork picked up, we headed out. We hit the road around 10:30 am.

We stopped a couple of times on the way home to take restroom breaks, but still made it back to the church by around 12:30 pm.

When we got back to the church we unloaded everyone's gear from the trailer. The boys all got picked up by their parents, and I got finished at the church by around 1:30 pm. I was starting to get hungry, so on the way home we stopped at Arby's to grab some lunch. I had a French Dip sub, and a glass of water to drink.

When we got home we unloaded everything from the truck and started the big job of putting everything away. We had plenty of dirty laundry, so we started a load washing. After we got most everything put away I decided I needed to take a break and rest some, so I sat down for a little while. While I was sitting I fell asleep and took a little nap. I only napped for around an hour, but it made me feel a lot better.

We finished putting everything away, and then decided we needed to go out to dinner. My mom and step-dad had watched our dog for us while we were at camp, so we asked them if they wanted to go to dinner. They chose Appleby's, so we headed there to meet them.

At Appleby's I had a new item on the menu. It was a dish that was fettuccine and chicken breast, along with some vegetables. It was pretty good, but I couldn't eat all of it. I ended up bringing around half of it home in a to-go box.

After dinner we headed home and started getting my son, Tommy, packed up to head up to Camp Kikthawenund. He's working as staff at the Webelos Adventure Camp this year, and needed to be dropped off tomorrow. After we finished getting his stuff all packed up we settled down for the evening, watched a little TV, and just relaxed until bedtime.

I was happy to be home, but I really miss summer camp. It was a lot of fun, and I really enjoyed being there. I could see myself working for a camp during the summer time.

This is my 100 Days Strong. What's your's?

No comments:

Post a Comment