Monday, June 20, 2011

100 Days Strong: Day 22, 7th day of the canoe trip

Day 22, Thursday, June 9th.

I woke up this morning around 7:00 am, but just laid in my tent and listened to the birds singing and calling. I've found this to be the most peaceful time of the day. I got out of my tent around 7:00 am, had a mug of cappuccino, and just sat out on the rocks looking out over the lake. It was so quiet and peaceful. None of the boys had gotten up yet, and I had decided to just let them sleep. I really hadn't let them sleep in any of the mornings, so thought this morning I would just let them sleep. While I was sitting there, 2 little chipmunks came out and were playing around looking for a free snack. They were so much fun to watch. I decided to sit real still and see how long they would stay out. One of them got within about a foot of me before deciding to run off and hide. This didn't last long though, as one of the boys starting making noise and came out of his tent. I wasn't long until most all of them were out and making noise. My peaceful time was over, and it was time to have breakfast.

For breakfast this morning we had Mountain House breakfast skillet wraps. They were really good. Actually better than I had expected in fact.

We didn't really have anything planned for today, so the boys just played around and canoed in the area until lunch time.

For lunch we had our choice of tuna or chicken salad, Pringles, and Gatorade to drink.

After lunch the boys decided to go swimming and playing around in the lake. I thought it was way too cold to get in the water, but most of the boys wanted to do it, so I just let them. The boys also wanted to canoe over to an area of rapids that was across from our campsite, so we loaded into the canoes and headed over. I took my fishing gear with me, and fished while they were playing in the rapids. I didn't catch anything, but I didn't care. It was fun just to take it easy and fish.

After playing in the rapids for a while, the boys soon got tired and decided to head back to camp, so we paddled back to our campsite to rest before dinner. The boys tried a little fishing again before dinner, but didn't catch anything.

For dinner tonight we had Knorr brand noodles with a couple of pouches of chicken we added to it. We also had chocolate pudding and water to drink.

After dinner we all sat around the campfire until around 9:00 pm. A little after 9:00 we all headed to bed for the night. We knew we needed to get up a little early the next morning, so it didn't take long until we were all sleeping soundly.

I'm a little happy to be heading in tomorrow, but also a little sad to see the trip coming to an end. There were some really fun times, a lot of great memories, and some real bonding time spent on this trip. It makes me a little sad to see it coming to an end.

This is my 100 Days Strong. What's yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment