Wednesday, June 22, 2011

100 Days Strong: Day 25, the 10th and last day of our canoe trip

Day 25, Sunday, June 12th

We got up this morning at 6:00 am, loaded up the vehicles, and headed out. We stopped for breakfast at the McDonald's just down the street from the Scout Camp.

I had a sausage, egg, and cheese biscuit, hash browns, and milk to drink.

After breakfast we loaded up and headed out. We had a lot of ground to cover today, so we didn't want to waste any time getting on the road.

We headed South down through Chicago, and got back to Noblesville at around 12:30 pm.

After unloading all the gear and getting all the boys ready to head home, I headed back to my house to get everything unloaded myself.

My day was not nearly done though. My son, Tommy, that had just spent the last 10 days on the canoe trip had to be at his NYLT (National Youth Leadership Training) today. Everyone else was to report to the camp for training at 2:00 pm, but we had special permission for Tommy to be a little late since we had to have time to get him cleaned up and get all his gear loaded up again. Most everything he needed for his NYLT was the same stuff he had used for the canoe trip.

In our area, the NYLT is called "White Stag" training. White Stag is said to be one of the best NYLT courses available anywhere. Several other Scout Councils try to copy it, but few come close to matching it.

We got home, got Tommy showered, washed his clothing, and reloaded everything in record time. My wife, Penny, had him loaded in her Tahoe and headed up to Camp Redwing for his training by around 3:30 pm. She got him there around 4:00 pm.

While they were heading up to Redwing, I unloaded my gear, showered, and took a nap.

When Penny got back we had some dinner and settled in for a nice quiet and relaxing evening. Our dinner was meatloaf, mashed potatoes, green beans, and iced tea.

After my shower I weighed myself. I was really worried that I had gained weight while on my trip, but to my surprise, even though I had eaten everything that was really high in calories and fat, I was the exact same weight that I was the morning we left for the canoe trip.

My weight was 178 lbs. My goal weight is 165 lbs.

This is my 100 Days Strong. What's your's?

No comments:

Post a Comment