Thursday, June 30, 2011

100 Days Strong: Day 36, forth day of summer camp

Day 36, Thursday, June 23rd.

This morning started the same as every morning at summer camp. We got up, dressed, and then headed to the dining hall for breakfast. Our breakfast this morning was a ham, egg, and cheese biscuit, fruit, orange juice, and milk.

After breakfast I went on a 5 mile hike with a couple of the other adults in the Troop. We hiked from main camp  out to adventure point and back. Adventure point is a part of camp where Troops can put on their own merit badge classes and run their own program. They don't use any of the program areas of camp, but instead set up their own areas.

We got back just in time to take a short rest before lunch. Lunch today was soft taco, Spanish rice, tortilla chips with salsa, apple crispitoes, and Kool-aid.

After lunch I spent some time walking around to all of the program areas checking out the merit badge classes that were going on. I really enjoyed watch the boys taking their classes.

I got back to the campsite just in time to get ready for dinner. One of the things we do for dinner is to wear our class A uniforms, so after I got my class A on I headed to the dining hall for dinner.

Dinner tonight was chicken fettuccine, Italian blend vegetables, breadsticks, Kool-Aid, and chocolate cake for dessert.

After dinner there was a Scoutmasters pontoon boat ride on the lake, so 2 of the assistant Scoutmasters and I decided to go on it. Here is a picture of the 3 of us on our boat ride.


After our boat ride we went back to the campsite a sat around the campfire with the boys. Today has been a really fun day.

This is my 100 Days Strong. What's your's?

No comments:

Post a Comment