Thursday, June 30, 2011

100 Days Strong: Day 37, fifth day of summer camp

Day 37, Friday, June 24th.

I got up a little early this morning. Today was our last full day of summer camp and I wanted to get an early start. After dressing and getting ready for the day I took a little time to sit and enjoy the quiet before it was time to wake all the boys. When it was time, I woke everyone up to get dressed. The boys went through their normal morning routine of dressing and getting ready. When it was time, we all headed to the mess hall for breakfast.

This morning for breakfast we had French toast, bacon, fruit, cereal, orange juice, and milk. After breakfast was finished we had our morning flag ceremony. After flags were over with, the boys headed off to their merit badge classes and I headed off to find a camp chair to occupy for a few hours. I really hadn't had much time to just sit and relax during the day, and today that's what I planned to do.

Lunch time soon came around, so we all headed to the dining hall again. For lunch today we had pizza, breadsticks, fruit, brownies, and Kool-aid.

After lunch was over I went walking around camp. I also spent a little time at the Firecrafter shelter watching the Scouts finishing up their requirements for the different ranks of Firecrafter, and just relaxing for a while.

When dinner time came, we all headed back to the dining hall for our last dinner at summer camp. Tonight for dinner we had baked ham, scalloped potatoes, carrots, rolls, Kool-aid, and marble cake for dessert.

The closing campfire was tonight after dinner, so we all headed to the council fire ring for the campfire. The staff put on some really good skits and songs, and the campfire was really great.

After the campfire was over we all headed back to the campsite. Before we turned in for the night, I took all the boys down to the shower house to get showered. We don't have assigned shower times, but we always shower at night before going to bed. After getting the boys showered I headed to the adult showers to get my shower.

I got to bed around midnight. We leave tomorrow morning after breakfast. I'm going to miss this place. I've really had a lot of fun this year at camp.

This is my 100 Days Strong. What's your's?

No comments:

Post a Comment