Friday, April 29, 2011

100 Days of Scouting: Day 81, Heading out for the weekend

Day 81, Friday, April 29th.

Today I leave to go to the Leave No Trace Trainers Course for the weekend.

I won't have a chance to get to the computer to update the blog until Sunday night, but here is what I should be doing this weekend:

Tonight we are supposed to arrive and get set up by 7:00 pm. We are staying in a regular campsite tonight. The evening classes start at 7:00 pm. They should run until somewhere around 9:00 pm, with a cracker barrel snack just following the class.

Saturday morning we load up our gear and head off into the woods to a back country campsite to spend the day learning all about, and how to better teach, the 7 principles of Leave No Trace. We then spend the night in the woods at a campsite we are setting up.

Sunday morning we pack up and head back to the main building for some more class room stuff. Somewhere around noon we pack it up and head out.

I plan on being back home somewhere between 3:30 and 4:00 pm.

While we are there, we will be doing our own cooking using our backpacking stoves. They are providing all the food in the form of backpacking meals. I can't wait to see what sorts of food they provide, as I'm always looking for ideas of backpacking meals.



For my 100 Days of Scouting today:

I'm leaving to spend the weekend learning how to teach the 7 principles of Leave No Trace better, and earning my trainers certificate in Leave No Trace.

Have a great day, and remember to keep your Scouting fun!

2 comments:

  1. I'd love to hear about any meals that you guys try. I too am always looking to adding variety to our backpacking trips.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Phil, Be sure to read my blog when I return. I'll make sure I add a post about the food.
    -Jim

    ReplyDelete