Wednesday, April 20, 2011

100 Days of Scouting: Day 71, Council Operations Meeting

Day 71, Tuesday, April 19th.

I was asked to fill in at the Council Operations Meeting tonight for a friend/Scouter that is the chair of our High Adventure Committee. He is out of the country on vacation and asked me to take his place at the meeting.

I had never been to one of the Council Operations meetings before. It was really interesting to see how one part of our Council operates.

It was held at the Target/Chip Ganassi Racing building on the NE side of Indianapolis.

The meeting itself was interesting, but the really fun part was getting to see all the Indy 500 race cars they have stored there. The Ganassi Team was kind enough to open the entire building, including their R&D area, their work shop, their fabrication shop, and the truck bay that housed the semi trucks and trailers, for us to see and tour. We were asked not to take any pictures in any of the areas but the front lobby, where they had 3 race cars on display, but that was fine considering that they let us see some of the areas that the public just never gets access to.

The whold time I was there I kept thinking to myself that it would really be fun for the Scouts to come and take a tour. That may never happen, but it sure would be fun.

So, for my 100 Days of Scouting:

I attended our Council Operations Meeting.

I spent around an hour working with the Camp Promotions Team working on ways to get more Packs and Troops to attend Summer Camp.

That was my fun and interesting night of Scouting for Tuesday.

Have a great day today, and remember to keep your Scouting fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment