Saturday, April 2, 2011

100 Days of Scouting: Day 54, YMCA Joining Day

Day 54, Saturday, April 2nd.

I joined the YMCA today. I don't know why I didn't do it earlier. I've been telling myself that I needed to start working out on a regular basis for a long time, but just never took the time to do anything about it. I lead a pretty active lifestyle. I hike a lot, ride my bike some, and generally stay pretty active with the Scouts, but just can't seem to get to the weight I want to be at. According to the new Boy Scout Health Form I should be no more than 172 lbs. I'm holding steady at around 178 to 180. I'm not necessarily obese, but I'm heavier than I want to be. The other thing I notice is that I just don't have the stamina that I used to have a few years ago. They say that Scouting makes a man "well rounded" and that's starting to be true for me. So, enough is enough. We'll see how it goes.

Today for my 100 Days of Scouting here's what I did:

I put the finishing touches on the planning for my backpacking trip.

I called our new SPL's mom and set up a time to meet with the new SPL before the PLC meeting.

I answered an email from a Cubmaster about a campfire program the boys in the Troop are doing for one of the local Cub Scout Packs.

I put together my part of the Troop Committee Meeting for tomorrow night.

That's my contribution to Scouting today. What was yours?

Have a great day, and remember to keep your Scouting fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment