Wednesday, April 27, 2011

100 Days of Scouting: Day 79, Another slow day

Day 79, Wednesday, April 27th.

Today was another slow day for Scouting.

I did manage to get some Scouting done today though. It was in the form of a text and a couple of emails.

One of my Scouts is getting close to thinking about his Eagle project, and his mom sent me a text asking a few questions about what sort of project he could do. Specifically, she asked me if his project had to be a labor intensive project or could it be about doing a fund raiser for a charity.

I told her that the project wasn't really about labor or money, but was about leadership. I'm not the one in our district that approves Eagle projects, but I know the person that is in charge of approving them, and I know what he looks for in a project. I explained to her that the purpose of the Eagle project was primarly about the Eagle candidate doing a project that he leads others in, and that if the candidate shows a strong leadership and completes his project according to the plan that is approved, then he should have no problem passing that portion of his Eagle Board of Review. I also told her to go online and read the information that is available on Eagle Projects. And lastly, I told her to have her son discuss his thought on the project with the person that approves them. He's been doing the approval of Eagle projects for a long time, and would be more than happy to discuss it with the Scout.

For my 100 Days of Scouting:

I helped steer a Scout in the right direction to finding information about his Eagle project.

I answered a few Scouting emails.

Have a great day, and remember to keep your Scouting fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment