Friday, April 29, 2011

100 Days of Scouting: Day 80, load up the backpack

Day 80, Thursday, April 28th.

It's hard to believe that I've been blogging about Scouting for 80 straight days! Some days it's just too hard to take the time to update the blog before going to bed, but for the most part I've been sitting down and writing about what I did to impact Scouting each and every day for the last 80 days. It's my goal to continue doing this for the whole year instead of just stopping after the first 100 days, but we'll see how busy I am when summer hits.

Tonight I loaded up my backpack.

I'm not really going backpacking, even though I would really like to. I was so disappointed that I had to cancel my backpacking trip last weekend, and I would be happy to be able to go this weekend. Instead, I'm getting ready to go to a Leave No Trace Trainers Course for the weekend.

It's in Shepherdsville, KY. I leave tomorrow to drive down there. The course starts at 7:00 pm Friday and runs until around noon on Sunday.

So, that's where I'll be for the weekend.

So, for my 100 Days of Scouting:

I got ready to head out for the weekend to take a trainers course on Leave No Trace. This should help me be a better teacher on the principles of Leave No Trace, which is something that the BSA strongly stands behind and something I firmly believe we as Scout leaders should be teaching our Scouts.

Have a great day, and remember to keep your Scouting fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment