Sunday, April 17, 2011

100 Days of Scouting: Day 69, A Scout is Reverent

Day 69, Sunday, April 17th.

We woke up this morning, had breakfast, packed up the Troop gear, and then got everything loaded to leave the Camporee.

Before we left we had a small Scouts Own Service. Now, if you don't know what a Scouts Own Service is, its like a small non-denominational church service that the Scouts put on themselves. It is usually planned by the Scout that holds the position of Chaplain Aide. It usually only lasts 10 to 15 minutes, but it gives us a way to worship while we are out camping or doing other activities that take place on a Sunday morning.

For my 100 Days of Scouting today:

I packed up everything from the weekend.

I worshiped with the rest of the Troop at our Scouts Own Service.

I came home and put everything away.

I took a nap!

Today was a great day. I hope your day is a great day too, and remember to always keep your Scouting fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment