Sunday, April 17, 2011

100 Days of Scouting: Day 67, Spring Camporee

Day 67, Friday, April 15th.

Our Del-Mi District Spring Camporee starts tonight, so I left work about an hour early to get all my gear loaded up and ready to go.

I got to the church around 5:30 pm, got the Troop trailer hooked up to my truck, and got ready to pull out.

We got on the road around 6:15 pm and headed to the Camporee.

All week, the weather man has been forecasting rain for tonight, with a possibility of some really severe storms. I hope it doesn't get too bad.

We made it to camp around 7:00 pm and got everything set up. The set up was really tough. The wind was blowing so hard it was almost impossible to get the tents set up, but by working together the Scouts were able to get them all set up before the rain started. I was very thankful for that!

For my 100 Days of Scouting:

I attended the 1st night of the Spring Camporee with my Scouts.

I let the new SPL direct the Scouts in the set-up of camp without interfering with the way he was leading, which was really tough for me to do.

I had a fun time watching all the Troops set up camp for the night. It's really neat when an empty field can be transformed into a small city of Scouts in the matter of less than an hour.

Have a great day today, and remember to keep your Scouting fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment