Sunday, March 27, 2011

100 Days of Scouting: Day 48, 3rd day of OLS

Day 48, Sunday March 27th.

I finished up our 3rd day of Introduction to Outdoor Leadership Skill training this morning. After breakfast was finished we had a Scouts Own worship service. When we finished with the service we worked on the knots and lashings. We got everything wrapped up by around 11:00 am and was able to let the "students" leave about an hour early. It was not long after that when I was able to leave and head home. I got home around 11:30 am.

After unloading everything from my truck I took a much needed shower, and then sit down to relax a little. My son, Tommy, sat down with me and told me all about his merit badge classes he took yesterday. He really enjoyed both of the merit badge classes he took. They were Geocaching and Scouting Heritage. Most of the boys in the Troop signed up to take the classes. Tommy was able to get both of them finished. He had done some of the prerequisites before going and had everything completed by the time the class was finished.

I'm still pretty tired from the OLS class. I plan on taking it easy the rest of the evening.

Have a great day and remember to always keep your Scouting fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment