Tuesday, March 15, 2011

100 Days of Scouting: Day 34, Eagle Court of Honor

Day 34, Sunday March 13th

Woke up this morning at Bear Creek Scout Camp.

Got up around 6:00 am and realized that it was really 7:00 am due to the change for Daylight Savings Time.

Most of the Scouts were already up and dressed by the time I got to their cabin to wake them. Now it was time to get going on breakfast.

The Scouts made their breakfast in record time. I asked them to help me out by trying to get everything done quickly since I really needed to get on the road by around 10:00 am.

We got everything cleaned up and loaded into the trailer and got rolling by around 10:15 am. Not too bad.

The drive back to the church took around 90 minutes. We got all the gear unloaded and got the trailer parked by around  noon. So far so good.

The big reason I was in such a hurry to get back was because I had a Eagle Court of Honor to attend today.

The new Eagle Scout had been in our Troop since the time he joined until he made Life rank. He decided to transfer to another Troop where 3 of his friends were members. I was asked to speak at his Eagle Court of Honor and give a little history of his time in Scouts before he transferred. I was really honored to do so. This young man was a fine example of what an Eagle Scout should be. I had a really great time standing up and telling a few funny stories about some things that he had done as a young Scout. Everyone got a really good laugh, including the new Eagle Scout. The Court of Honor was really nice and I was really happy they had asked me to speak.

After the Eagle Court of Honor was over it was time to head home for a little nap, as I was just about totally wiped out.

My little nap turned into a 5 hour nap. I guess I was a little more tired than I realized.

So, that's just about all for Sunday. It sure was a fun weekend. Now it's time for the real world. Monday here I come.

No comments:

Post a Comment