Tuesday, March 8, 2011

100 Days of Scouting: Day 28, Troop Meeting

Day 28, Monday March 7th

When I started writing this blog I had every intention of posting to it every night. I've discovered how hard that is. Some nights I'm so tired by the time things finally wind down that I just can't force myself to turn the computer on. Several nights I've actually started dozing off while writing the blog. So, here it is Tuesday night and I'm just now writing Monday's blog. Hopefully I can remember everything that happened. So, here's how Monday went.

The day started out just like any other normal Monday. Work was crazy busy, but that's normal for a Monday. I was late getting out of there, which is normal for a Monday. I rushed to get ready for the Troop meeting, which is normal for a Monday. I rolled in just in time to unlock the church and let everyone in, which is normal for a Monday. I guess today wasn't much different than any other Monday.

We had a good start to the Troop meeting. We showed a video about how geese all work together when they fly, and then related that to how the Scouts in the Patrol work together to get things accomplished. It all went pretty well. The Scouts seemed like they all understood what we were trying to get across to them.

We had 2 new Scouts join the Troop tonight They are brothers who recently moved here from Kentucky and were looking for a new Troop to join. They visited us 3 times before they decided to join. They also visited other Troops in town before making their decision. I'm glad they put a lot of thought into which Troop they wanted to belong to. Some Scouts will visit a Troop 1 time and decide to join that Troop without ever visiting any other Troops.

With the addition of the 2 new Scouts we now have 21 Scouts in the Troop. This has allowed us to form another Patrol, which is something I've wanted to do for the last year.

Tonight we put our new Grubmaster program into use. We handed out the Grubmaster guideline sheet and gave the 3 Grubmasters each a check to pay for their groceries. I'm really looking forward to seeing how it all works out. I'm sure it will be a little tough for the Scouts at first, but I'm sure that it won't be long before everything falls into place and everyone gets the hang of it.

Tonight was a good night of Scouting. It was fun, and that's what it's all about!

1 comment:

  1. Hey, did you use our Grubmaster Sheet? What changes, if any, did you make. Would love some feedback on how it worked and what you changed so it works for you...

    YIS
    Bryan

    ReplyDelete