Sunday, March 6, 2011

100 Days of Scouting: Day 26, Blue & Gold Banquet

Day 26, Saturday March 5th:

I started the day by taking my son Tommy to the Merit Badge University that was going on this weekend. He was taking the Citizenship in the Community merit badge this morning. After dropping him off for his merit badge class I headed home to get ready for our Cub Scout Blue & Gold Banquet.

I loaded up my truck with everything I needed for the Blue & Gold Banquet and headed up to the camp. We had our banquet at Camp Kikthawenund, which is one of my favorite Scout camps.

I got there around 11:00 am and started getting everything ready. I had a few other leaders helping with everything, so the set up went really smooth.

We started cooking around 1:00 pm. We were having baked ziti, meatballs, bread sticks, and salad. We had everything ready to go by around 3:45 pm.

The banquet started at 4:00 pm. We had our FOS presentation first and then awards. Most every one of the Scouts made their rank and it was really good to see all the awards that were being handed out.

After the awards were finished we had dinner. The dinner was really good and everyone enjoyed it. After dinner was over we had the Arrow of Light and the Crossing Over Ceremony.

The 2nd year Webelos all crossed over into Boy Scouts. I was a great evening and everyone had a great time.

All in all I would say it was a total success.

And the best part about it all was that everyone had fun. Thats what's important.

No comments:

Post a Comment