Tuesday, March 1, 2011

100 Days of Scouting: Day 21, Troop meeting

Today was a great Scouting day.

For the last week our District Executive has been on me to get the hard copy of our Annual Charter agreement filed at the Scout Office, so this morning I drove to the church and had Pastor John sign it. I wasn't nearly as worried about getting it done early as everyone else was. I knew I would have it in before the end of the day today, but for some reason our DE was freaking out about it. He started emailing me last week trying to get me to bring it in. After I got it signed I took it down to the Scout Office and wrote the check. I also turned in the applications for our new crossovers. With the new Scouts that just joined the Troop it brings us up to a total of 19 Scouts in the Troop. We're certainly not the biggest Troop in the area, but considering we only had 5 Scouts in the Troop when I re-started it 3 years ago, I'm pretty happy with the growth.

After I got back from the Scout Office I spent some time on the computer answering Scouting email. There were a lot of questions about the Scout Sunday service that we are doing this coming Sunday. We were supposed to have our Scout Sunday service on Sunday, February 6th, but we had 3 inches of ice on the parking lot and had to cancel church that day. Our rescheduled Scout Sunday service is this Sunday, March 6th.

Tonight was our weekly Troop meeting. We spent the evening practicing for the church service that we're doing this weekend. I hope the Scouts do a good job with the service. We are pretty much running the whole service. The only part we're not doing is the actual sermon itself, which Pastor John is doing. I know they'll do a good job with it.

That's just about all the Scouting I did today. Have a great day, and remember to keep your Scouting fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment