Thursday, March 10, 2011

100 Days of Scouting: Day 30, Menu Planning

Day 30, Wednesday March 9th

I spent the morning answering phones and dispatching my tow trucks. My dispatcher was taking some training and I was the only one in the office to answer the phones.

Late this afternoon I took my daughter to a car dealership to look at new cars. She was in an auto accident 2 weeks ago and her car was totaled. Now she needs to replace it. I think we found one she likes. I guess we'll see if changes her mind or not.

Tonight I went over to the church and got into the Troop trailer to make sure that everything was ready to go for our Troop campout this weekend. Everything seems to be in order in the trailer, so I guess all that's left is to load up all the personal gear and take off Friday night. We're camping at a little Boy Scout camp called Bear Creek Scout Camp. It's a small camp that is not in the best of shape, but we sort of like it.

I can't wait to see how the new Grubmaster program works out. I'm also excited to see how the new crossovers do on their first campout.

At this time last year we had 13 boys in the Troop. As of Monday night we had 21 boys in the Troop. We only had 2 patrols last year. Now we have 3 Patrols. Things are starting to shape up for us now.

I spent the rest of the night working on the menu for the Adult Patrol. I just hope everyone likes what's on the menu for this weekend.

That's my day today. I hope everyone that reads this had a great day too. Remember to have a good time and keep your Scouting fun! That's what keeps the boys coming back each week!

No comments:

Post a Comment