Friday, March 25, 2011

100 Days of Scouting: Day 46, Introduction to Outdoor Leadership Skills

Day 46, Friday March 25th.

I left work early today so I could get everything I need for the OLS training loaded up in my truck, and get up to camp by around 3:00 pm.

I'm here at Camp Kikthawenund tonight. We started our training around 6:30 pm and ran until around 9:30 pm. We covered how to select the proper campsite and First Aid tonight. After we got done with the First Aid portion it was still a little early so we showed a Power Point on High Adventure. It's not in the training syllabus, but I think the participants all got something out of it. The asked some questions about High Adventure, and then we had a good discussion that followed the presentation. After we finished talking about High Adventure we had our cracker barrel. This gave us an opportunity to talk about why we have cracker barrel. Some of the participants really didn't know that having some fat and carbs before going to bed would help you stay warm in your tent at night while you sleep.

We start tomorrow with food pick up at 6:30 am. The OLS participants will be cooking their breakfast in the campsite.

I'm really looking forward to tomorrow. It should be a lot of fun.

Have a great day and remember to keep your Scouting fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment