Tuesday, March 1, 2011

100 Days of Scouting: Day 22, Data entry

Like most every day, I spent the majority of the day working. It wasn't until after work that I had the opportunity to do anything related to Scouting.

After I came home from work I sat down at the computer and started entering the new Scouts into Troopmaster. Data entry is not my most fun activity! It's hard to believe that 3 years ago when I restarted the Troop I had 5 Scouts. As of today I have 19 Scouts. I'm pretty happy with the growth. Some days it feels like really slow growth, but I guess it's better to have slow steady growth than to have a big sudden increase that I can't manage.

I spent some time getting things ready for our High Adventure trip meeting that we're having tomorrow night. I'll be handing out info and answering questions about our Boundary Waters canoe trip.

I also sent out reminder emails about the District Awards Dinner that's happening on Thursday night.

Friday night and all day Saturday is Merit Badge University at Carmel High School. Hopefully the Scouts will have a chance to earn a few Merit Badges.

Well, that's just about all to report on this 22nd day of my 100 Days of Scouting. Have a great day and be sure to keep your Scouting fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment