Friday, July 22, 2011

100 Days Strong: Day 64, 2nd day of Webelos Adventure Camp

Day 64, Thursday, July 21st.

Tonight I hurried home from work so I could change into my Scout uniform and head up to Webelos Adventure Camp to have dinner with my wife and youngest son, and all the other Webelos that are at camp this week.

I got there around 10 minutes before the evening flag ceremony was to start.

After flags, we all headed into the dining hall for dinner. I really enjoyed having dinner with the boys. They told me all about everything they had done that day. After dinner was over we all headed back to the campsite to relax for a little while. While I was sitting and relaxing, several of the Webelos came over and sat down with me. We had a really great time talking. They were asking about what it was going to be like when they joined Boy Scouts. I was happy that they were interested in hearing about all the fun things that they were going to get to do when they crossed over. I just hope they don't get too bored with Webelos between now and the time they cross over. This is always the hardest time for the Scouts.By now they are getting tired of Cub Scouts and are ready to move on to bigger and better things.

The camp did something special for the boys tonight. There was a night swim session for them. They don't normally do this, but it was so hot that they decided to give them a special treat. They swam from 9:00 pm until 10:00 pm. After they got done swimming I decided to take off and head home for the evening.

I really enjoyed my visit to camp tonight. I hope the boys enjoyed it as much as I did.

For my 100 Days Strong:

I weighed 175 lbs this morning. My goal weight is 165 lbs.

I visited the Webelos at camp tonight.

This is my 100 Days Strong. What's your's?

No comments:

Post a Comment