Friday, July 22, 2011

100 Days Strong: Day 63, 1st day of Webelos Adventure Camp

Day 63, Wednesday, July 20th.

This morning before I went into work I helped my wife with some last minute packing, and helped her get everything ready for Webelos Adventure Camp.

She and my youngest son, Jon, leave for camp today. All the Webelos are to meet at the school at 1:00 pm to load their gear into the Pack trailer for the trip to camp. They have to check in at 2:00 pm.

After helping her get her gear ready, I left for work.

When I got home from work I changed into my Scout uniform and headed to camp to see how things were going. I was a little worried about how all the Webelos and adult leaders were getting along. The temperature was around 95 degrees today, and the heat index was around 110.

They were all pretty hot, but otherwise were getting along pretty good. My wife said that the camp staff had been doing a good job of really pushing the boys and adults to drink plenty of water all day long.

I didn't get there in time to eat dinner with them in the dining hall, but I still had plenty of time to sit and talk to the boys and see how their day went. They all seemed to have had a pretty good day, and were all really enjoying camp.

I stayed until around 10:30 pm, and then headed home. Luckily, camp is only around 15 to 20 minutes from my house, so it wasn't a long drive to get home.

For my 100 Days Strong:

I weighed 175 lbs this morning. My goal is to get down to 165 lbs.

I had a really fun time visiting the Webelos at camp.

This is my 100 Days Strong. What's your's?

No comments:

Post a Comment