Monday, July 11, 2011

100 Days Strong: Day 51, Firecrafter Mid-Summer Ritual

Day 51, Friday, July 8th.

I leave tonight for the Firecrafter Mid-Summer Ritual.

I've been asked by several people what the purpose of Firecrafter is. To best describe to those that do not know about, or do not understand what the purpose of Firecrafter is, I've copied a few paragraphs from the Firecrafter website that do a great job of describing the purpose of Firecrafter. Here's what the Firecrafter website has to say about the purpose of Firecrafter:


Firecrafter Purpose

In direct pursuit of the principles and ideals of Scouting of boys, Firecrafter was created for and dedicated to service to all phases of that movement.
Firecrafter and each individual Firecrafter shall be directed toward the observance of the following creed:
  • We believe that leadership ought to be fostered and its high trusts and responsibilities cultivated.
  • We believe that a Scout becomes a better Scout when he exhibits unselfish friendship to others.
  • We believe that Firecrafter's service to Scouting aids both the Firecrafter and every scout in building better character and citizenship.
In the spirit of these beliefs, we make our pledge of faithful service.
Friendship:
Enthusiasm and the Scouting Spirit are contagious. Firecrafter’s goal is to instill this spirit through the candidacies and fellowship with other Firecrafters.
Leadership:
It is always easier to follow rather than lead. Often it is necessary to lead when one must defend one’s beliefs or takes one’s life in the right direction. Firecrafter forces candidates out of the “following” attitude and shows them that in some situations, one must lead the way to accomplish their goals. Leadership is a rare and valuable trait, which Firecrafter attempts to instill.
Service:
Firecrafter serves Scouting and Scouts. Firecrafters have lead countless service projects and participated in camporees in all districts of Crossroads of America Council.

I think this best sums up the purpose of Firecrafter. 
Tonight is the start of the Mid-Summer Ritual, which is the final step for a Firecrafter candidate.
I'm serving as an adult Trail Guide for the ritual. I leave for Camp Redwing in Muncie, IN at 4:00 pm tonight, and will be home some time around noon on Sunday.

For my 100 Days Strong:
This morning I weighed 177 lbs. I have a goal to get down to 165 lbs by the end of the 100 Days Strong.
I will no longer be listing all the food I eat each day, only my weight loss progress and any additional exercise I have done that day.
This is my 100 Days Strong. What's your's? 

No comments:

Post a Comment