Tuesday, May 31, 2011

100 Days Strong: Day 10, Canoe training

Day 10, Saturday, May 28th.

Today we had our canoe training with the Scouts that are going to the Boundary Waters. We had a good day of training. We started the morning by getting our canoes from the Scout camp and heading to the put-in area at camp. We then started teaching the boys the basic paddle strokes and the parts of the canoe. We also taught them how to properly select the correct length paddle and how to properly fit a PFD. After that we headed down the creek to the lagoon for some steering and paddling practice. All went well and the boys did a great job of learning how to paddle their canoes.

We took a lunch break and then headed down the creek. We paddled a total of 5 miles, ending at a take-out down the creek. After loading up the canoes we headed back to camp to clean them up and get them turned in.

It was a really good day of canoeing, and the boys really learned a lot. It was also a great workout for me.

For my 100 Days Strong:

I weighed 179 this morning. I've lost another pound.

My goal weight is 165 lbs.

For breakfast I had 2 packages of oatmeal and a glass of milk.

For lunch I had a peanut butter sandwich, some cheese and crackers, and a bottle of water.

For dinner I had some chicken and rice.

This is my 100 Days Strong. What's yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment