Monday, May 23, 2011

100 Days Strong: Day 4 second day of the Survivorman campout

Day 4, Sunday, May 22nd.

I spent the night last night in my wilderness survival shelter. I didn't get a lot of sleep since I kept getting up every couple of hours to feed my fire, but I was able to keep the same fire going from Friday night till Sunday after breakfast.

This morning I boiled water over the coals and made oatmeal. I also had a banana and some cappuccino to drink.

Other than a few boys that had a visit by a group of raccoons in the middle of the night, the Scouts all had a fairly peaceful night. The 3 boys that got visited by the raccoons didn't listen very well when they were told to keep their food put away and to make sure that they didn't have anything left out that would attract animals. I guess that some time during the night there were 4 or 5 raccoons that decided to visit their campsite while they were sleeping.

We all finished breakfast in fairly good time and were able to get the campsite all cleaned up and have everything put away and ready to head back by around 11:30 am. We got back to the church by just a little past noon. The parents picked everyone up and I headed home for a much needed shower and a nap.

I went to the funeral home this evening to pay respect to the father of some of my childhood friends. He passed away the other day. He was 80 years old. He left behind 3 sons and 2 daughters, along with several grandchildren. I grew up running around with the 3 boys. It was nice to see them, but unfortunate that it had to be under those circumstances.

For my 100 Days Strong:

I couldn't weigh myself this morning since I was at camp.

I had oatmeal, a banana, and a cup of cappuccino for breakfast.

For lunch I ate 2 McDonald's double cheeseburgers and a bottle of water. I know I shouldn't have had them, but I was just too tired to cook anything and McDonald's is fast and easy.

For dinner I had 2 slices of pizza and a glass of Arizona Peach tea.

This is my 100 Days Strong. What's yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment