Thursday, May 5, 2011

100 Days of Scouting: Day 87, Ceremony Team Practice

Day 87, Thursday, May 5th.

Tonight is the monthly practice for the OA Chapter Ceremony Team. This is a very important practice night. This weekend is our Order of the Arrow Chapter Ordeal. The ceremonialists have several ceremonies that they will be doing this weekend. They have the Pre-Ordeal ceremony, the Ordeal ceremony, and the Brotherhood ceremony. We have over 100 candidates coming this weekend and the ceremonies are a very important part of the Ordeal. Tonight is the last time before this weekend that they will have the opportunity to get together and practice before the actual ceremony takes place.

Since I've taken the new position of Associate Chapter Advisor in charge of ceremonies I really need to be there too, so that's what I'll be doing tonight.

For my 100 Days of Scouting today:

I'm taking my son, Tommy, and going to ceremony team practice.

Have a great day, and remember to keep your Scouting fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment