Thursday, May 5, 2011

100 Days of Scouting: Day 83, More Leave No Trace Training

Day 83, Sunday, May 1st.

Woke up this morning in a tent in the woods. During the night a really bad lightning and rain storm came through. There were a few people that were not very prepared with the proper gear, and they got a little wet. We decided to break camp and clean up soon after waking, and head back to the main camp. Even though we didn't spend a lot of time out in the woods, I still really enjoyed it.

When we got back to the main camp we settled down in the dining hall for the remainder of our classroom work. We got done around noon, packed up, and headed out.

All in all, this was one of the best weekend trainings I've taken. I really learned a lot, and really had a great time learning it.

The drive back home took around 3 1/2 hours, and with the stop for lunch I got home around 4:00 pm.

For my 100 Days of Scouting today:

I learned more about the 7 principles of leave no trace.

I spent time camping in the woods with several new friends.

I had a great time learning how to better teach Leave No Trace to my Scouts.

Have a great day, and remember to keep your Scouting fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment