Saturday, February 12, 2011

100 Days of Scouting: Day 5, Not enough hours in the day

Some days it seems there are just not enough hours in the day. Today was one of those days.

The day started out pretty normal for a Saturday. I didn't have to be anywhere very early so I decided to sleep in until around 9:00 am. After I got up I decided to check my email. I had several messages that were Scouting related, which isn't new considering how involved I am in Scouting. My first message was from Greg up at Camp K. Today was the day that my son, Tommy, was supposed to have his camp staff interview to work at Camp Kikthawenund for Cub Scout day camp and for Webelos Adventure Camp. I guess there weren't enough people interviewing today, so Greg had to cancel the few interviews that he had scheduled. He said in his email that he would reschedule the interview. I really hope he gets the interview rescheduled so that Tommy can interview with him. Tommy has been looking forward to working on camp staff since he was in Webelos.

The second email was from my good friend Sandy asking if I wanted to work in the kitchen during OA Ordeal again this year. She knows how much I enjoyed working in the kitchen last year. I answered her back and told her that I would be happy to help in the kitchen again. I'm really looking forward to working with all my good friends. We had a ball last year during Ordeal.

I had a few other Scout related emails, but nothing too terribly important.

I decided to have a cappuccino and a slice of cold pizza that was left over from dinner last night for breakfast. I love cold pizza! After having some breakfast I decided to sit and read for a while before I had to head over to the shop for the day, but this didn't last long. My phone soon rang. It was one of my employees needing my help with something, so I put my book away and got ready to leave.

Over the last month I've been moving my business into a new location. We just got our new office set up last week and are now operating out of it. We've been moving equipment out of the old shop and putting it into storage until we get our new building built. I hope to be able to start putting the new building up as soon as it gets a little warmer, but in the meantime we have to get everything out of the old shop. The people that are moving into my old shop are anxious to get moved in soon, so I really need to get everything out. I told them I would have everything out this weekend, so after helping my employee handle some things I spent the day moving stuff into storage. I would have gotten a lot more done, but it got too dark to see. We decided to call it a day.

As I was leaving the shop my oldest son, Jimmy, called and asked me to help him hang a mirror up in his new apartment. Since his apartment was on my way home I told him I would help him with it. As I left the shop I realized that I hadn't even stopped for lunch and was getting pretty hungry. I decided to stop at Taco Bell on the way to Jimmy's apartment. A couple Tacos and a water and I was good to go. We got the mirror hung up in just a few minutes. He asked me if I wanted to stay for a while, but I was getting tired so I decided to head on home.

Even after spending almost the whole day working I still don't feel like I got a lot done. I guess this was one of those days when there were just not enough hours in the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment