Saturday, February 26, 2011

100 Days of Scouting: Day 18, Pinewood Derby Track

What a busy day it's been today! It started at 3:30 am when my phone rang. It was the plowing supervisor calling to let me know it was time to start plowing. We had 2" of snow on the ground and it was still falling. When I went to bed at midnight it wasn't even snowing yet, so I was really surprised to see how much had fallen in such a short time. The other thing that surprised me was how much the wind was blowing and how much that little 2" of snow was already drifting. So, by 4:00 am I was pushing snow. And that's how most of my day went. I plowed until around 3:00 pm. After I got done plowing I thought I should run by the shop since I hadn't been there all day. I had some paperwork to do, and that took my till around 6:00 pm. By then I was getting pretty tired so I decided to head home. My intentions were to eat some dinner and then head to bed early, but that changed when I got a phone call from a Cubmaster of a really small Pack that has only 6 boys in it. They wanted to borrow or Pinewood Derby track so they could race their cars tomorrow. I told him to come over to the house and pick it up. I wouldn't have had anything to write about tonight that related to Scouting if my day had not ended up with something Scouting related. So, that's the title of this post, Pinewood Derby Track. I hope those 6 Cub Scouts have fun racing their cars. I know I sure enjoyed watching our Cub Scouts race theirs. Who knows, I might even run over and watch them race tomorrow!

This post was started on Friday night, but I ended up falling asleep right in the middle of writing it. After plowing all day after only having a few hours of sleep, I was just too tired to stay awake long enough to finish the post. So, I'm finishing it today. And who knows, I still might go watch those 6 Cub Scouts race their cars!

Have a great day today, and remember to keep your Scouting fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment