Thursday, February 17, 2011

100 Days of Scouting: Day 9, first real 100 Days of Scouting

I've been reading several blogs over the last week or so that were all about the 100 Days of Scouting. They all looked really interesting and were full of a lot of really useful information, so I thought I should find out more about it. I emailed my friend Bryan and asked him what it was all about. He gave me the details and then asked if I would be interested in writing about my 100 Days of Scouting too. It sounded fun, so here it goes.

Today I:

--Made a few phone calls, to make sure everything was still on schedule for tonights Cub Scout Pack meeting.

--Emailed one of my Assistant Scoutmasters about our weekend Troop outing.

--Answered a few other emails about this weekend.

--Had a great pack meeting! We had Coyote Chris from Silly Safaris come with his animals and put on a show. He brought a 25 lb Boa Constrictor, a 3 foot long alligator, a huge owl, a bunny rabbit, 2 turtles, a rat, a hedgehog, and a handful of huge cockroaches! The Scouts had a ball watching the animals perform, and after the show was over they got to line up and pet some of them. This is the 3rd time we've had Silly Safaris come to a Pack meeting, and every time they've come it's been a huge hit. We have them come every other year. I can't wait until we have them back. I always love watching the show.

All in all I had a great day of Scouting, and I'm really looking forward to the rest of the week. Tomorrow night I have Eagle Boards, and Friday night my Troop is going indoor rock climbing. Several of the Scouts are taking the Climbing Merit Badge. We're staying the night and having a lock-in. Should be a great time!

This is why I really love being both a Scoutmaster and a Cubmaster. Twice the Scouting fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment