Saturday, February 19, 2011

100 Days of Scouting: Day 12, Geocaching on bicycles

What a tough day today was. After spending the night at a lock-in at Climb Time Towers doing indoor rock climbing all night, the Scouts wanted to go bicycling and Geocaching. They had planned on doing the bicycling and the Geocaching last month, so everyone had brought their bicycles and helmets to the church Friday night before we departed to go climbing. I don't think they realized how tired we would be after sleeping maybe 2 or so hours on the mats at the climbing place.

After we got back to the church this morning and had breakfast, they were determined to go on that bicycle ride. I could hardly keep my eyes open, but I went ahead and jumped on my bike with the boys and off we went. I talked them into combining the bicycling with the Geocaching though because I knew I wouldn't be anywhere near able to do a bicycle ride and then turn around and go out hiking very far to go Geocaching.

It didn't take long before everyone was getting pretty tired, so they decided to head back. We had lunch and a nap and then just relaxed and took it easy for the rest of the afternoon. We all tossed the football around some in the early evening and pretty much just relaxed.

After a great dinner we watched the movie Scout Camp. Most of the Scouts are asleep now, and it won't be too long until I am too.

It was a long and tough day, but I can't think of a better way to spend a Saturday! Hopefully the things I did this weekend will make a little difference in a boy's life.

Troop meeting Monday night. We have a den of Webelos visiting. Hopefully a few will cross over to us.

Enjoy the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment