Friday, February 18, 2011

100 Days of Scouting: Day 10, Eagle Board of Review night

Today was a really tough day at work. It was one of those days when you just want to go home and start all over. Even though it was a tough day, I got through it. I think knowing that I have a Scouting function at night makes the day go by easier. Even the tough ones.

The third Thursday of every month is usually one of my favorite nights of the month. That's the night I get the privilege of doing an Eagle Board of Review. Since tonight was the third Thursday of the month, I hurried home after work, got into my uniform, and hurried over to the church where we do the Eagle Boards. The Eagle candidate that my group was reviewing tonight was a really bright young man named Chris. He had just recently turned 18, so this was it. If he didn't pass tonight there were no second chances. All things considered, I think he knew there wasn't much of a chance he wasn't going to pass his Board of Review. He was a really bright young man that did a nice Eagle project and showed great leadership. He passed with flying colors!

That's just about all I have to write about tonight. Tomorrow evening I have a Blue & Gold Ceremony to attend. There are going to be three Webelos crossing into the Troop. Also, the Troop goes indoor rock climbing tomorrow night. It's going to be a busy night, but it should be a fun one!

That's it for this blog entry. Until tomorrow night, remember to keep your Scouting fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment