Wednesday, February 16, 2011

100 Days of Scouting: Day 8, Charter renewal time

I'm writing this on Wednesday morning because it was just too late Tuesday night to sit up and do it. So, here is how my day Tuesday went:

I had a pretty normal day at work today. Nothing real exciting to report.

After work is when the good stuff started. I left the house to head to the Scout room at the church to get some Scouting work done. I had to stop at Staples on the way to get some supplies. Spent way too much money again. That happens every time I go into Staples. Tommy had come with me to help me do some things and we decided that we were too hungry to wait until we got back home to eat, so we decided to stop at Chick-fil-a to have dinner. We both really love their chicken sandwiches!

We got to the church around 8:00 pm, which was a little late to get started on everything, but I had a lot I just had to get done. I started by putting together some 3 ring binders with important Troop information in them. We are expecting around 4 or 5 Webelos crossing over into the Troop this year. Not as many as some of the other Troops, but still good growth for our small Troop. This will bring us up to around 18 or 19 Scouts in the Troop after the crossing over ceremonies. I'm pleased with that. Anyway, we hand these 3 ring binders out to the boys when they join the Troop. They can keep their merit badge cards, rank cards, and other important information in them. I start out by putting a lot of important info in them that they need to get started with.

After getting the binders done I decided to start on our rechartering work. Being a small Troop it only takes me around 10 to 15 minutes to do it, but I still had not started it yet. The District Executive had sent an email asking me to get it done since it was late, so I thought I probably should get on it. I got it done in just a short time. Glad that's over with. Now all I have to do is print it off and turn it in with a check! Mission accomplished!

That's my Scouting for Tuesday. Tonight is our Cub Scout Pack meeting. I love being both a Scoutmaster and a Cubmaster! Twice the Scouting fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment