Monday, February 21, 2011

100 Days of Scouting: Day 13, Cub Scout Committee Meeting

Woke up this morning after spending the night with the Boy Scout Troop at the church. We were all so tired after the indoor rock climbing and the bicycling that we all just crashed Saturday night. The Scouts all slept in one of the classrooms that has some couches and chairs in it, while Brian and I slept in the Boy Scout room on the floor.

After we all got up we had some doughnuts and milk and started packing up our stuff. We had the parents pick all the boys up by 8:00 am. This gave me a chance to get home and get ready for church.

One really big thing that happened today was when one of the members of the church told me he wanted to help support the Troop by making a donation. He asked me what gear we could use and asked me to make a list of some things we needed. I made a list of some tents, stoves, lanterns, and so forth. After I gave him the list he asked me to put prices on it and to add it up. The list came to a total of $1,080.00. He looked at the list and said to me "I think I can handle this. I'll see you next week with a check". I didn't really know what to say other than "Wow, okay, thanks!" I was caught totally off guard with that! I guess I'll see what happens next week.

Went out to lunch after church, and then got a haircut. After that I decided I was still really tired so I took a little nap. Felt a lot better after the nap!

Had a Cub Scout Committee meeting tonight. Finished up the final details for our Blue & Gold Banquet. Also finished up the planning for the March Pack meeting. All in all it was a good meeting.

Sad the weekend is over. It was a great weekend and I really enjoyed the Scouting.

We have our Troop meeting tomorrow night though, so I'm looking forward to that. It will be the first meeting as a Boy Scout for our new crossovers. I hope they enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment